Monday, July 20, 2015

Sunday In The Park, St. Louis

Looking North at Park Avenue & Mississippi, 07/19/2015, watercolor, Canson 140lb cp, Michael Anderson
Lafayette Park is at the center of one of the oldest and most elegant neighborhoods in the city. A broad sidewalk and an elaborate wrought iron fence surround all four sides of the park. Runners and people out walking, many with their dogs make a continuous parade. Today I was panhandled by a man needing bus fare.
 Park Avenue Sidewalk, 07/19/2015, watercolor, Canson 140lb cp, Michael Anderson
As I left Park Avenue Coffee another customer asked me about the artists in my painting group, "Is it a class? I have seen them before. It is cool they are here." Some residents now recognize our painting group and they are always welcoming. Life in the city.

2 comments:

  1. That top drawing is so jaunty! Your words and drawing really do capture "Life in the city".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...