Monday, June 1, 2015

Prairiefire Museum


I spent a little while in the car with my dog on a rainy day drawing the 
Museum at Prairiefire (website:http://museumatpf.org).  It's a joint venture between a developer and the American Museum of Natural History in NYC.  The NYC museum sends new shows for  viewing every few months.  The exterior employees dichroic glass - the largest architectural use of dichroic glass in the hemisphere or in the world (I've forgotten). It really does resemble a fire on the prairie and the unique thing about the glass is that it changes color with different sun conditions and even with the viewer's movement.  I've since gone inside on a sketch crawl and the staff were so very gracious and accommodating! 
Naturally, I failed to capture the real magic of the exterior, so you will want to visit yourself to see this unique building.

5 comments:

  1. So colorful and magical looking, Jeanette. It's in Kansas City?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a BEAUTY. And I'd love it if you'd share a photo of your open journal as well...it's always so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I have seen photos of this amazing building. It is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't fail. I helped bring this museum to KC and your work is beautiful! May we share this on the museum's facebook page and give you credit?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...